Monday, July 12, 2004

A lovely weekend!!

Yesterday,I was lazing on my bed reading Sunday TOI when my nephews called me up.They were feeling bored (i guess this is the first reality that strikes you as you grow up :) as my jiju was away.The simplest thing I could do was to take them to some movie and McD but atleast me and my nephews agree on one point - we wont watch any bullshit hindi flick.And with theatres brimming with such horrible stuff,we finally settled to go for a drive and plan our outing on the way.Finally after dumping all my suggestions to the waste basket,they asked me to take them to a water park.
I reluctantly agreed (c'mon they r just 4 & 9 :) to their demands...but I really had a swell time swimming,sliding and splashing around and helping them swim (though i personally like to swim in my personal pool at home...no, i dont have one but intend to have it in the near future :).Actually the idea of so many people taking a bath together doesnt appeal to me much ;) thats why.Infact,I realised, that the phrase that 'people come in all shapes and sizes' doesn't ring more true anywhere else than a water park!

So while most of the people were butt-shaking to the beats of some raunchy remix number and were getting themselved drenched in one pool(as if this is the first and the last time in the year they were taking a bath),we went to a more peaceful place that had some privacy of its own (no i didnt take my gf along).And that place fortunately had some water slides (my idea of fun in a water park).A funny incident happened over there.There was this guy with his family at the top of the slide and I was standing beside him.He dispatched every member of his family down the slide one by one and when his turn came,he gave me a wry smile.I was raring to go down the adjacent slide and i gave him a thumbs up.But as soon as the supervisor there tried to push him below,he stood up and said ,let this guy go first:?
And later i came to know that the people who went down before him were not his family members...hehe...

So,after having done everything thats possible in a water park (only the things u r supposed to do there :) and spending close to 3 hours, I literally had to pull my nephews out of the water park (Y r kids so adamant?).But all their complaints died down when I treated them to a sumptuous lunch.
Somehow swimming seems to create an extra space in my tummy and I ate more than i usually do and felt like dropping myself to the floor to take a well deserved nap.

Finally we returned home and the evening was spent with choclate fudge and 'Munna BHai MBBS' (I have copied this one in my HDD coz my nephews r addicted to this flick..particulary the songs).
So this Sunday also came to an end just like others but was definitely a bit more eventful...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ujjwal said...

Hima (btw,addressing u is reduntant as u r the lone n the most loyal visitor of my blog :) thanx n keep coming!!

Now #1 what if I tell ya that I watched Lakshya first day last show way back in June :) n i do watch such no-nonsense hindi stuff once in a while if there is any... :)
#2 I wud hv looved to take my girl along had there been any...so that clears the air i guess... :)

July 13, 2004 at 4:07 AM  
Blogger Ujjwal said...

u r giving me way too much credit...i still hv a lot to catch up...

n there's a library near my place but somehow they dont keep anything that can get me interested...so i generally buy some,borrow some n steal some... :)
actually i get them from the roadside bookwallahs in CP...nothing better than that afaik...

July 13, 2004 at 4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home